Frontierfunflyers.org

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:18 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours

Post subject: Prop strike
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:53 pm 

I thought I would post this as a reminder to those who have been flying awhile and a warning to the beginners. It has been a while since someone has shared their experiences.

I had my mini ultra stick on the bench and was was trying to remember how to change the ESC from prop stop on to off. I turned on the Tx and moved the throttle stick to the up position (full on) and then plugged in my plane. Everything when well until I missed pulling the throttle down at the right time. In a moment of brilliance I decided to start over and moved the throttle stick back to wide open. The plane jumped off the bench and the prop hit me in the forearm. Nothing to bad but I have a gash about 3 inches long and a prop with wide where it tried to skin me. Only my pride was really hurt :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I would like to say that my error was not unplugging the plane before I started over, but it was worse than that. I should have taken off the prop before I started the whole process. This is one of the fundamental safety lessons that I learned when I first started and I got complacent and careless.

With an electric plane you should always take off the prop if you are working on the electronics. :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Post subject: Re: Prop strike
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:42 pm 

I agree completly!!
Nothing like something happening that you didnt expect and a spinning prop at full throttle coming at you!
Please becarefull around propellers! electric or glow
Use run stands, get some helpers, what ever it takes to be safe. This hobby is fun lets keep it that way. Nobody should be so pridefull to not accept a helping hand in the name of saftey.
Im glad it wasnt worse Daryl, im sure for a while now you will be more carefull around props like I am.

Post subject: Re: Prop strike
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:03 pm 

Bump

Good info on here
Please be careful around props everyone!