Frontierfunflyers.org

It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:26 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Multi Rotor Heli's
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:37 pm 

wow that thing is weird... Robot insects are getting ready for global domination.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:10 am 

After reading the review of the DJI Flamewheel F550 hex with the NASA FC and GPS in the December issue of MA, I'm seriously leaning towards one. I especially like the way they incorporated the power distribution wiring into the bottom frame making for a super clean setup and elimate a lot of messy wiring. It would definatly make a teriffic camera platform however I don't particularly like their camera mount. It's too big and expensive. I think I could design a simpler and more compact unit.

Went to Begich last night for the first time this winter and flew my mQX and a couple of helicopters. My new TxR AXE 100FP for AnyLink heli is not very responsive even though I have my high rates maxed out to 140%. Not to happy with it so far.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:24 pm 

that is amazing. the possibilities are endless ! thanks for sharing the youtube link

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:26 pm 

I HIGHLY recommend the naza gps set up! I just upgraded my 450 size quad from a KK2 board to the naza. This thing is ROCK SOLID! I only had to turn down the gains to get rid of a bit of wobble. But the thing locks on to the GPS satellites and will just sit there and hover. I was able to hover it with my hands off the radio for about 5 minutes waiting for the low voltage detection to kick in and landed all by itself. Manual mode is really quick to respond, attitude hold keeps it nice and level and works well for quick moving and GPS mode...well, read above. I just cant wait until Friday when my FPV goggles and gear get delivered.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:40 pm 

I thought I'd show off my quad. Since I took these pictures, I've added a 600mw ImmersionRC trans and a GoPro hero 3.

here is my channel on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/JRWperformance So check them out and subscribe. I add new stuuf about every weekend.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:49 pm 

Way cool JRW. I haven't pulled the trigger on the setup I posted above yet. I'm planning a trip to Vegas in April. We'll see after I return.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:18 pm 

Most of you are probably aware that Alaska and Texas, no doubt other states are enacting legeslation concerning "drones or UAV's" with cameras on them. The main concern is violations of the right to privacy. I don't think it'll effect us much as long as you doesn't use your stuff to spy on your neighbor. Basicly, if the bill enacted, you can't use your drone mounted camera on private property without the property owners permission.

Here's a link to the article that was in the ADN recently. http://www.adn.com/2013/03/05/2812961/b ... e-use.html

Last edited by Taildragger55 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:27 pm 

great...I dont even know why alaska would need the law. There arent that many people doing it here. Is there any more info on this? Who wrote the bill?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:36 pm 

Never mind...I found the information I needed.

http://www.legis.state.ak.us/basis/get_ ... session=28

Write this guy.Seriously. I just got done with my letter to him. I read the bill and it looks like they are limiting the use of drones for information gathering. Like the police or FBI using them for survalence. I would agree with that part of the bill. But it does not clearly state what "information gathering" is exactly. Does flying around for the fun of it with a GoPro count as "information gathering"?
Please write this guy. Word your letter carefully. My letter had a polite tone that explained my views on the proposed bill. I even invited him to check out my YouTube channel and even invited him to go for a ride on my quadcopter.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:06 pm 

Interesting article about UAV's. It's amazing how fast the industry and hobby is growing on this stuff, however from my standpoint, as a hobbyist, I dislike the use of the term "drone" when applied to the quad or hex copters we fly.

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/03/16/u ... d%3D454378

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:24 pm 

FYI:
International Drone Day is scheduled for May 7th. The local Alaska event is planned to take place at the Knik River public use area near the bridge on the Old Glenn Hwy (toward Palmer).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10